Spicy Korean Pork Skewers
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 lb. boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 1-in. cubes
+ 1/2 c. chili garlic sauce *
+ 1/4 c. soy sauce
+ 2 in. fresh ginger root, skins removed and chopped (or substitute 2 tsp. of ground ginger)
+ 4 Tbsp. filtered sake, or dry sherry (optional)
+ 2 Tbsp. sesame oil *
+ 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
+ You can find chili garlic sauce and sesame oil in the ethnic or Asian section of most major supermarkets.
What to do:
1. In a large bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sake, sesame oil and brown sugar and whisk to form a marinade. Add the cubed pork to the marinade and let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
3. Thread the marinated cubes of pork on skewers, about 4 to 5 pieces per skewer. Transfer the skewers to the grill and cook,
uncovered, turning to brown evenly every 2 to 3 minutes until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
* Quick Tip: Make sure to leave plenty of room in between each skewer to avoid overcrowding the meat and assure even cooking.
* Garnish with sliced scallions if desired. Serve alongside a bed of white rice.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 330; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 170mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 47g; Sodium: 300mg;